Monday, August 19, 2013

Vocabulary #1

adumbrate- report in outline
She gave an adumbrate speech and open source learning.
apotheosis- glorification of a subject.
I think that science is a apotheosis subject in school.
ascetic- extreme self-denial
She couldn't see how smart she was because she had ascetic personality.
bauble- a small ornament of little value
Christmas trees have lots of bauble's.
beguile- charm someone
My sister knows how to beguile someone.
burgeon- begin to grow rapidly.
The iPhone has burgeon.
complement- a thing that brings to perfection.
I gave my sister a complement cause her outfit is cute.
contumacious- disobedient to authority.
There is always that one kid in class the is contumacious to the teacher.
curmudgeon- a bad tempered person.
Someone is always curmedgeon at school.
didactic- convey instruction
Many of my teachers are didactic.
disingenuous- not sincere.
That person is disingenuous because they do not care.
exculpate- increase rapidly
The argument was becoming exculpate.
faux pas- socially awkward act.
She made a faux pas speech, no one laughed at her joke.
fulminate- explode
The car was smoking and was going to fulminate soon.
fustian- heavy woven cloth
My leather jacket was to big to wear with the fustian sweater.
hauteur-  arrogant
He was hauteur because he would not talk to me.
inhibit- prevent
I was inhibiting my little brother from getting in trouble.
jeremiad- long literary work
Luckily our english teacher does not give us lots of jeremiad work.
opportunist- selfish advantage of circumstances
The person who blackmailed her was an opportunist.
unconscionable- not reasonable
My teacher was giving unconscionable amounts of homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment