Monday, August 19, 2013

Reflections on Week 1

#1. I do not believe that there are any factors that are going to affect my participation in the class. I believe that the way you run this class (interned blogs, etc) make it easier to participate in rather that conventional English classes with textbook and handouts because you do not need your backpack or a textbook to participate you just need your brain and a computer.
#2. My best ever learning experience was from my summer job as a nanny and teaching myself how to interact with young children. I obviously knew how to take care of children but spending 4-6 hours a day with a 3 year old and a 6 year old, really taught me things I did not know about childcare. Like learning how to participate in two different activities at once and how to phrase myself so that a three year old can comprehend what I am saying.
#3. I am most excited to have more free will in the creativeness in the work that we do in this class. Being able to write about what I think about a book not what a specific topic that all the other kids will be writing the same thing about. I think this will make a difference in my learning by learning how to be more creative in the ways of learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment